expe­ri­ence since 1897

In 1897, the only 22 years old, Johann Baptist Müller of Eltville, known as Jean Müller, founded a company that dealt with the instal­la­tion of elec­trical systems. The young company was extremely successful from the begin­ning, as there was a high demand for its prod­ucts both in its home town and in the rest of the region due to the begin­ning of elec­tri­fi­ca­tion. The demand for elec­tricity was covered by the new elec­tric power station.

  • 2022

    Converting the energy supply calls for new prod­ucts. TOKEO uniquely combines the protec­tion of down­stream lines and systems with new possi­bil­i­ties for energy data acqui­si­tion. With the new TOKEO gener­a­tion of switch strips, elec­trical engi­neering is both safe and smart. 

  • 2021

    Rainer Berthold started his well-earned retire­ment. He had been a managing director of JEAN MÜLLER since 2005. He will be succeeded by Heinz Saure along­side Stefan Gutting.

  • 2020

    NH strip-type fuse switch discon­nec­tors with the intel­li­gent energy moni­toring module PLPlano for compact energy data acqui­si­tion for smart grids.

  • 2019

    In order to create more space for stock items in the high-bay warehouse,the company created a new, all-passive rolling ware­house that is fitted with produc­tion-rele­vant items. The rolling ware­house has storage capac­i­ties for up to 1200 pallet cages/pallets. The exten­sion, including comple­tion, took just three months.

  • 2018

    The expan­sion of the test field of 510m² was cele­brated in the pres­ence of the press and local politicians.

  • 2017

    Completely unex­pected, the managing director Dr. Bern­hard Müller passed away. He led the company since 1995 in the 3rd gener­a­tion of the Müller family. His tasks as CEO and in the area of E+Q (devel­op­ment and quality) were taken over by Mr. Rainer Berthold together with his manage­ment colleague. 

  • 2015

    A new series of NH fuse switch discon­nec­tors was created with the KETO series, which combines all the bene­fits of the old series and adds new bene­fits to them.

  • 2013

    The new cable distri­b­u­tion cabinet by JEAN MÜLLER has more space for your ideas. Avail­able in sizes 00 to 2, each 320mm and 535mm deep and 850mm and 1100mm high.

  • 2009

    “SASILplus is an inno­va­tion in switchgear construc­tion! 120kA short-circuit resis­tance at AC500V offers users a new level of protec­tion. With this, JEAN MÜLLER sets new stan­dards in tech­nical performance.”

  • 2002

    The site was acquired in July 1998. In 2001, all the neces­sary permits had finally been obtained and the ground-breaking cere­mony was able to take place. The building was completed in September 2002, and the move from the Friedrich­straße was completed by the end of the year. This was the third time that the company’s head office had relo­cated within Eltville.

  • 2000

    Markus Müller left the company to start his own busi­ness with his own ideas.

  • 1996

  • 1995–2

    EMS, the first elec­tronic energy manage­ment system, went on sale and was put into oper­a­tion at the Jahrhun­derthalle in Hoechst in 1996.

  • 1995

    Hans-Josef Müller left the company, and brothers Bernd and Markus Müller took over the manage­ment together.

  • 1989

    JEAN MÜLLER started selling, for the first time in its history, motor switches with spring force accu­mu­la­tors and high-perfor­mance contacts that it manu­fac­tured itself. It success­fully made the leap from “plug specialist” to “switch specialist”.

  • 1988

    Plastic tools designed on a computer for the first time.

  • 1986

    Brothers Bernd and Markus Müller joined the company.

  • 1982

    H.J.Müller Kunst­stofftechnik intro­duced the injec­tion stamping process for the manu­fac­ture of glass fibre rein­forced polyester.

  • 1979

    Hans Josef Müller, the son of the company founder, added plas­tics tech­nology to the JEAN MÜLLER company on the former Sude­ten­straße, which in 1998 was renamed H.J.-Müller-Straße at the initia­tive of the town of Eltville. In doing so, Jean Müller invested success­fully in the glob­ally growing market for switchgears.

  • 1972

  • 1942

    Following the death of company founder Jean Müller, his son Adam Müller (on the right) took over as managing director and from 1955 ran the company with his brother Hans-Josef Müller(on the left).

  • 1930er

    JEAN MÜLLER gained world­wide recog­ni­tion as a special company for elec­trical fuses.

  • 1920

    A porce­lain factory was built on the Friedrich­straße site for the produc­tion of the high-temper­a­ture and pres­sure-resis­tant enclo­sures that are still required for the fuses today. 

  • 1917

    A major fire broke out on the factory premises on the Garten­straße and quickly took hold of the wood and oil barrels stored there. Fortu­nately no one was hurt and, thanks to the coura­geous actions of the fire brigade, the boiler house including boiler and chim­neys were preserved. However, numerous machines were left unus­able, and it was very diffi­cult to replace them during the war. 

  • 1915

    Over the following years, Jean Müller acquired further build­ings on the Friedrich­straße as well as the steam-oper­ated Abt&Raky sawmill on the Garten­straße. A porce­lain factory was built there, followed later by a galvanising plant. 

  • 1911

    The planned factory building along the Sülzbach was completed, and the Jean Müller company’s head office has been at Friedrich­straße 21 ever since. An admin­is­tra­tion building and two larger multi-storey factory build­ings were constructed here.

  • 1907

    This inno­v­a­tive corpo­rate policy and the favourable economic situ­a­tion at the begin­ning of the 20th century allowed the young company to grow rapidly, so that by 1907 the company had moved to a new, larger company building on the Bahn­hof­s­traße in Eltville.

  • 1902

    Since the lines and systems were not yet of good quality at that time, there were often faults and fail­ures as the result of short circuits and over­loads. One very impor­tant compo­nent for limiting fail­ures and shut­ting off a system was the melting strip invented by Thomas Edison. Jean Müller recog­nised this early on, and began manu­fac­turing melting strips and fuses himself on the basis of the Siemens/Schuckert patent of 1901, and devel­oped this tech­nology further. As early as 9 May 1902 he was granted a utility model patent for replacing the melting wire on the safety plug. By 1911, eight further patents and utility models had been added.

  • 1897

    As a master elec­tri­cian, Jean founded a company in his parents’ home for the instal­la­tion of elec­trical systems. At the same time, he began to further develop the screw-type fuses with Edison threads that were gener­ally known as “Stöpsel” (“plugs”). So “Die Stöpsel” quickly become synony­mous with JEAN MÜLLER IN in Eltville. 

  • 1889

    Trained at AEG, Jean recog­nised the impor­tance of fuses, which initially consisted only of melting strips without enclosures.

  • 1875

    Johann Baptist Müller (known as Jean) was born as the son of an innkeeper at Haupt­straße 3 in Eltville. This building is now the restau­rant “Wein­pump” on Rhein­gauer­straße, and still bears the house number 3.